Bollywood Stars’ Favourite Foods
If you’ve ever wondered what your favourite celebrities love to eat, read on!
Akshay Kumar likes it hot!
Thai Green Curry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste (according to taste)
- 1 tbsp soft dark brown sugar
- 1-2 thick stalks lemongrass, fat ends bashed
- with a rolling pin (optional)
- 750g skinless, boneless chicken, cut into chunks
- (use breast and/or leg meat)
- 6-8 kaffir lime leaves, torn into pieces
- (if unavailable, use the grated zest of 1 lime)
- 400ml coconut milk
- Good shake of Thai fish sauce or light soy sauce
- Small handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 or 1 lime, juice only
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Add the green curry paste and sugar, and cook over fairly high heat for about a minute, stirring with the lemongrass, if using.
- Reduce heat slightly and stir in the chicken pieces and kaffir lime leaves or zest until coated in the paste.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce or soy sauce and bring to a simmer, cooking for 25-30 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Stir in the coriander and lime juice. Check for seasoning, adding more fish sauce or soy sauce if needed.
- Let the curry sit for a few minutes so that it becomes creamier, and to allow the flavours to really come through, which only happens when it’s cooler.
- Serve with fragrant Thai jasmine rice.
More - Read the eMagazine
You've been reading an edited version of an article from the India Se magazine. To read the latest edition of the complete magazine - click here. (The eMagazine opens in a new window and runs on Flash 8)
or Subscribe to the Print Edition of India Se Magazine
You can subscribe to the Print Edition of the magazine for just S$48 for the whole year (save 20% off the retail price if you order online)..